February 21, 2014 — Published by: Anton Perreau
Top 5 things we learnt about BuzzFeed
During the morning of Friday 21 February Battenhall attended the Gorkana briefing from Luke Lewis, Editor of BuzzFeed UK. In true BuzzFeed style, we thought we'd summarise our findings with a few cute gif images:
1. In the UK, always share stuff that's fun and interesting
Luke shared with us that whilst in the USA content that is emotive strikes a tone - the more fun content is popular in the UK.
2. Don't hate, it's just no fun
BuzzFeed even specifies 'no haters' in their job applications. Just don't do it.
3. Niche subject matters are important, not SEO
Focus on small communities in the UK, specific subjects or articles that directly relate to a small community that will share it.
4. Experiment with things all the time
Always say 'yes' to new ideas, if they don't go well, you've learned.
5. Hard news, fun quizzes and silly facts can all live harmoniously in one place
In the future BuzzFeed UK is looking to include more hard-hitting news alongside it's current fun, shareable and interesting content.
To read more from the Gorkana breakfast briefing with Luke Lewis, head to our LIVE GOOGLE DOC.